Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Job Type: Full time
Education/Experience: BS in STEM field and 10+ years experience
US Citizenship Required: Yes
The successful candidate will join Athena’s growing biometrics systems business unit assigned to work on Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS) systems.
Senior System Administrator Required Experience:
- 10+ years experience managing RedHat Linux systems
- 5+ years experience managing RedHat Satellite
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Ability to train system administrators in OCONUS locations
- Ability to deploy to Baghdad, Iraq, including CRC and vaccine (including COVID-19) requirements
- Active DoD security clearance, or ability to obtain one
Senior System Administrator Desired Experience:
- Managing system configuration and deployments using Ansible
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as RedHat Virtualization
- Previous work in Agile / DevOps environments
- Familiarity with Windows administration for desktop clients
- Experience with biometrics matching systems
Senior System Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Install and configure hardware systems.
- Install and configure RHEL and Windows OS on bare metal and virtualized environments.
- Update existing Ansible playbooks and create new ones as needed.
- Ensure system and service uptime.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- General system troubleshooting.
- Managing hardware failures.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Review application logs.
- Open trouble tickets from calls and email, work as a team to resolve trouble tickets and calls regarding:
- Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of servers and peripherals.
- General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting. Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements and data collection needs.
Athena Sciences Benefit Package includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation & sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
- Relocation assistance
Athena Sciences Corporation was founded in 2009 and provides solutions to federal and commercial customers in the fields of modeling and simulation, biometrics, systems engineering of safety critical systems, and computing technology research and development. Athena has provided solutions in support of the Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security, NASA, US Army, State of Virginia, State of West Virginia, and various commercial customers.
Athena Sciences Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Interested candidates should send their resume to Selena Campbell, Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org