Location: Fairmont, WV
Job Type: Full time, on site – remote work possible
Education/Experience: BS in STEM field and 5+ years experience
US Citizenship Required: Yes
The successful candidate will join Athena’s growing biometrics systems business unit to develop products and licensable technology related to facial recognition.
Biometrics Researcher Required Experience:
- Use of AI-based machine learning for use in computer vision applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Experience in supporting and deploying software products.
- Python / C++
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- Active Top Secret security clearance, or ability to obtain one
Biometrics Researcher Desired Experience:
- GPU-based computing optimization.
- Experience designing and/or training neural networks and models.
- Data set identification and classification.
- Experience with facial recognition technologies.
- Understanding of large-scale 1:N biometric search systems
Biometrics Researcher Job Responsibilities:
- Develop software technology and applications for use in the biometrics market to include biometric matching algorithms (face, finger), visual examination tools, and face identification, tracking and matching from video streams.
- Perform research and development of products and licensable technologies.
- Monitor academic research activities in the biometrics market for emerging technology that may be useful for corporate R&D initiatives.
- Discuss and evaluate biometric technology needs with potential customers in the commercial and government sectors.
- Author proposals and system/product designs
Athena Sciences Benefit Package includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation & sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
- Relocation assistance
Athena Sciences Corporation was founded in 2009 and provides solutions to federal and commercial customers in the fields of modeling and simulation, biometrics, systems engineering of safety critical systems, and computing technology research and development. Athena has provided solutions in support of the Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security, NASA, US Army, State of Virginia, State of West Virginia, and various commercial customers.
Athena Sciences Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Interested candidates should send their resume to Selena Campbell, Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org