ID: WV-1095 Senior Linux System Administrator (US Citizen)
Location: Fairmont, WV
Job Type: Full time
Education/Experience: BS in STEM field and 10+ years experience
US Citizenship Required: Yes
The successful candidate will join Athena’s growing biometrics systems business unit assigned to work on the DoD Iraq and Afghanistan Automated Biometric Identification System (A/I-ABIS) contract.
Senior Linux System Administrator Required Experience:
- 10+ years experience managing RedHat Linux systems
- 5+ years experience managing RedHat Satellite
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- Ability and willingness to have some on-call hours outside of standard Monday-Friday work week.
- Ability to train on-site system administrators in OCONUS locations
- Active DoD security clearance, or ability to attain one
Senior Linux System Administrator Desired Experience:
- Managing system configuration and deployments using Ansible
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as RedHat Virtualization
- Experience with AWS
- Previous work in Agile / DevOps environments
- Familiarity with Hadoop architectures and Ambari
- Experience with biometrics matching systems
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Open trouble tickets from calls and email, work as a team to resolve trouble tickets and calls regarding:
- Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of servers and peripherals.
- General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting. Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements and data collection needs.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary such as trouble ticket elevation to tier three support, and collaboration with the development team to provide information and data for elevated trouble tickets.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Ensuring system and service availability
- Patch management in test environments
- Configuration management for deployment to OCONUS systems
- General system troubleshooting, and managing hardware failures.
- Surge work occasionally requires management of systems in AWS, and this position will assist in startup, configuration, and tear-down of AWS resources.
Athena Sciences Benefit Package includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation & sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
- Relocation assistance
Interested candidates should send their resume to Selena Campbell, Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org