ID: VA-1090 Computer Systems Security Architect (U.S. Citizen)
Location: Rosslyn, VA
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Experience: BS and 5+ yrs experience
Athena Sciences Corporation seeks a biometrics Computer Systems Security Architect to join a team selected to work for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM).
Computer Systems Security Architect required experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience with the following:
- AWS or other virtualized infrastructure
- Background in Linux/Unix Administration
- In-depth experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash
- Demonstrable skills in continuous deployment, configuration, networking and integration
- Knowledge of VPCs, Security Groups, and ACLs
- Extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and AWS audit, logs, and reports
- Fluent in spoken and written English language
- US Citizen with active DHS EOD (Public Trust) clearance, or ability to obtain
Computer Systems Security Architect desired experience (one or more of the following):
- Agile Certifications such as SCRUM, Kanban, and SAFe
- Working knowledge of DevSecOps methods
- Working knowledge of automated biometric identification systems (ABIS)
- Knowledge of DHS OBIM system engineering life cycle (SELC)
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Creation and maintenance of secure, efficient, and reliable infrastructure with code
- Review of architecture and code from a security perspective
- Setup and execution of regular penetration tests and vulnerability scans.
- Support the Lead Security Engineer with vendor and customer assessments and audits.
- Assess, design, implement, automate, and document security processes and solutions leveraging Amazon Web Service (AWS) and other third-parties.
- Enforce design architecture, methods, and controls required to meet security, compliance, and audit requirements
- Review security solutions to be deployed in cloud environments, review system logs, security tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity,
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks during code builds and deployments, respond to and, when appropriate, resolve or escalate security incidents,
- Report unresolved security exposures, misuse of resources, and noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures.
Athena Sciences Benefit Package includes:
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Paid vacation & sick leave
Interested candidates should send their resume to Selena Campbell, Recruiter at: email@example.com